THE SPORTS ENTREPRENEURS
"Maurizio's Digital Journey to Twitter"
Maurizio’s story has been all about digital for 20+ years of his career, from the early days of sports websites, to streaming content, to other digital ventures, some worked, some were too early. His journey lead him to Twitter. And he is loving it. Enjoy his stories.
- His early days in Basketball Coaching, always with an eye on technology and data
- Working with Ricardo D’Silva and launching the first Basketball portal in Europe (MP Web)
- Breaking ground, first to produce content for Mobile phones in early 2000 and starting live streaming on websites
- Venture with Thomas Martens, early days of social media . First deal with YouTube
- Branded content on Social media, too early
- Samsung time – #1 Consumer brand in the world
- His views on streaming, content delivery and monetization for rights holders and platform owners
- Twitter – maybe the largest sports Venue in the world
- His role in Twitter, helping global content owners and local publishers leverage the platform
- NBA in the Philippines, how Twitter supports the League
- His learning, don’t bust people’s balls…..
- The future, DAZN, ESPN+….. who will be the new dominant player
- Twitter’s role in E-Gaming
Maurizio leads Sports Partnerships across Southeast Asia for Twitter. In this role, Maurizio is responsible for developing and driving innovative sports partnerships, creating new revenue opportunities for Twitter and its sports partners in the region, and bringing exciting sports content onto Twitter to reach fans around the world.
Prior to Twitter, Maurizio founded and raised capital for two sports startups. With more than 18 years of experience in sports content, Maurizio has worked across Europe and Asia and was Head of Sports for Samsung Asia between 2013 and 2016.
After a successful career as a basketball coach, Maurizio started working in the digital field in 1999 at MP Web, the digital media arm of the Mediapartners Group (now Infront Italy). Maurizio has always been interested in technology, sports, and media, while movies and movie making are where his true passion lies.