THE SPORTS ENTREPRENEURS
“From Music To Fight Sports”
From aspiring Music DJ, turned Music Executives working with some of the biggest labels and artist to Chief Digital Officer at the PFL (Professional Fighters League). Learning from the music industry and how platforms evolved and disrupted the industry and how that relates to sports now and how the PFL is leveraging the new trends to its advantage by launching its own OTT.
- From Liquid Audio, to Napster to EMI Music – the first decade in the music industry operations
- Early learning, the power of data, if it’s not collected and recorded properly, no revenue from it
- EMI Music – growth of ring-tones for Mobile devices globally – platforms starting to emerge
- Katy Perry story, Last Friday Night release on Facebook through a “fake” profile
- Calvin Harris, how he became a big EDM star, new way of promoting an artist
- Beyonce, launch of Lemonade Album (Parkwood Entertainment), from Super Bowl Half time show to other creative “drops”, giving fans access to content before it goes out officially
- Complex Networks, learning creative content creation and distribution there
- Professional Fighters League (PFL) – the difference to other Fight sports Leagues (League format)
- How to become a clear #2 in the space behind the UFC
- PFL’s OTT play and the reason why – best place for fans to consume the content
- Key learning from his career, be flexible and solutions oriented, turn challenges into new opportunities
- Cancelling the 2020 season for health and safety reasons first
- International Qualifiers, starting overseas early next year and then the US season
- Future of digital, anytime, anywhere, any device. NBA leading with innovations
- Final thoughts on piracy
Dan Ghosh-Roy joined the PFL from Complex Networks, where he served as SVP, Marketing and Audience Development. During his tenure, he created and curated engaging content, reaching millions of fans with varied passion points, developed customer acquisition campaigns and oversaw year-over-year growth across Complex’s social and web properties.
Prior to Complex, he served as Head of Digital for Parkwood Entertainment, responsible for the strategy and execution of Beyoncé’s digital business. Dan previously held senior leadership roles at Ultra Music and EMI Music, working with the likes of Katy Perry, Snoop Dogg, Coldplay, Calvin Harris, Steve Aoki and others.
THE VIRTUAL SPORTS ENTREPRENEURS UNIVERSITY
The Sports Entrepreneurs University is a natural extension of the Podcast series. It’s a deep dive into the world of Sports & Esports. Marcus will be sharing his 25 years experience and learning as a Sports Entrepreneur and connecting the dots. It’s a 6 weeks course with an opportunity to join an Affiliate Partnership program after. Check out for more details HERE