THE SPORTS ENTREPRENEURS
Papa Massata Diack
“African Sports Entrepreneur”
Papa Massata Diack is a true African Sports Entrepreneur from Senegal and has been involved in some of the biggest events and deals across the world of sports. He is no stranger to controversies and in this Podcast you will hear “his” side of the story. Listen and then you decide what you think happened in those IAAF corridors. Plus some great insights into the world of African sports. Enjoy.
- His early days at ISL Marketing, projects in Qatar, South Africa across Football, Athletics, etc
- Starting Pamodzi Sports Marketing & Consulting in 1997 with offices in South Africa, Togo, Senegal, etc
- Getting involved in IAAF after ISL’s bankruptcy and Dentsu’s take over of the contract
- Involved in Football projects across Africa
- Appointed as IAAF consultant across 9 Emerging Markets via AMS (China, India, Middle East, Africa, Mexico, etc) bringing in over US$ 200 mil in revenue from big emerging market companies (Samsung, Sinopec, etc)
- Where it all went wrong with Russia in 2013 – Daily Mail report
- Transferring money got him into trouble
- British Press using the Russian Doping story to tarnish his father’s leadership (Liam Diack) and pushing Sebastian Coe as the new IAAF President
- Sports politics and geo political issues being used for the IAAF Presidential election
- Current law-suit filed by WADA against his father and himself to investigate sports marketing contracts. Scaring off sponsors and host venues
- British and German media attacks
- His experience as an African Entrepreneur in the world of sports, inspired by Nelson Mandela and thoughts on racial tension
- The future of Sports Marketing on the African Continent – upcoming sports and regional blocks
- Senegal hosting the Youth Olympics in 2022
- NBA African League
- Martial Arts, Cycling Tours, etc
- Esports & Egaming in Africa growing with infrastructure improving
With more than 25 years of experience in the sports world, Papa Massata DIACK acquired a solid mastery of Public Relations, Event Management,
Marketing, strategic development and management of major projects. A true professional, Papa Massata puts his expertise at the service of sports institutions and community as part of his advisory activities. Since 1997, PAMODZI Sports Marketing & Consulting’s Mission has been to be a leader in African sports marketing.
Sold over USD 678 million worth of contracts in Athletics and Football.
Involved in organization of 8 African Cup of Nations, 7 African Athletics Championships, 8 IAAF Invitational Meetings in Nairobi, Dakar, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Abidjan, Doha, Ponce, Belém and Kingston. Worked on 7 IAAF World Championships ( Stuttgart, Gothenburg, Osaka, Berlin, Daegu, Moscow and Beijing) and 2 World Cup in Athletics (Havana and Johannesburg).
THE SPORTS ENTREPRENEURS MASTERMIND
If you are enjoying the Sports Entrepreneurs Podcast (SEP) series, check out our Sports Entrepreneurs Mastermind (SEM) sessions too.
The SEM sessions are an extension of the SEP series, where we bring experts from around the world together for 1.5-2 hours of brainstorming, learning, discussion and connecting. It’s a live online round table format, moderated by Marcus Luer which includes a short presentation by him to set up the topic of the session and then the members will discuss, share their thoughts, ask questions and debate the topic. The direction of the discussion is truly influenced by the participants of the given session. It’s a fascinating learning experience for everyone involved. Come join us for future sessions by getting on our mailing list. Please register HERE