THE SPORTS ENTREPRENEURS
Watching Cricket for a Living
Unmish talks us thru his 20 years of experiences and learning sitting on different sides of the table, from his time at agencies, rights holders and broadcasters.
- Starting his career with TWI in the production space, great learning
- Early days of New Media 1998-2000
- BBC Days, developing new media platforms, more learning experiences
- ESPN/Star Sports – developing new media platforms and services for broadcast clients
- New Media turns Digital
- ICC (Cricket), monetizing non-linear, short form content
- The different forms in Cricket, T10, T20 and the difference to other sports
- Current services and projects of his own agency
- What changes are we seeing in digital from Covid-19
Unmish brings a rare mix of competencies that includes multi-media content creation, video-based product development, strategy & sales coupled with a deep understanding of partnership development and cross cultural collaboration in Asia & Europe.
Unmish’s international profile and contact networks are the result of 20 years in leadership role at blue-chip firms such as IMG Media (Endeavour), BBC Technology, ESPN STAR Sports, Fox International Channels (FIC), News Corp., Scripps Interactive Networks (now owned by Discovery) and the International Cricket Council.
Educated at St. Stephen’s College (Delhi), Cambridge University (UK) and London Business School, Unmish promotes entrepreneurship via institutional collaborations with Jungle Ventures (as Venture Partner) and TiE Singapore (Charter Member) and also mentors startups (in MediaTech, VideoTech & SportsTech) in a personal capacity.